Thanks for checking out BayTripper!
We are a couple of students from UC Berkeley who created this app to help users in San Francisco get around by finding their way through transit and bike routes. This is part of a research project trying to understand how to get more people to get out of their cars and onto bikes, public transportation, or just walk!
Our app lets you...
- Get real-time arrivals for MUNI and BART
- Plan a trip with our Real-time Transit Trip Planner
- Plan a bike trip with your own personal preferences for safety and hill tolerance (powered by www.bikesy.com)
- Look up schedules for Caltrain, BART, and Bay Area Ferries (Blue and Gold Fleet, Golden Gate Ferry, Alameda Harbor Bay Ferry) to Sausalito, Larkspur, Alameda, Oakland, Vallejo, and more
- Look up local transit maps from Muni, BART and Caltrain
- Call a taxi from a list of popular cab companies in San Francisco
The transit trip planner uses real-time data provided by NextBus, which takes into consideration the actual location of buses, delays and tries to help users avoid missed transfers. At this time, users can only plan trips within San Francisco (including Treasure Island).
Follow us on Twitter for updates on BayTripper!